Are you starting to plan your 2017 vacations? I know I am. If you’re traveling across the United States don’t forget to stop and visit our wonderful National Parks. From Maine to Alaska you will see the best this country has to offer by adding a National Park or two to your travel plans.
Our National Parks have so much to experience from mountains, glaciers, waterfalls, forests, unique geology & archeological marvels, and abundant wildlife. Explore activities such as rafting, horseback riding, hiking, skiing, or camping under the stars and so much more. So, take time to visit and bring the kids for adventures and memories that will last a lifetime. The US has over 50 National Parks in 27 states. Some of our parks are designated Unesco World Heritage sites as well like some of the parks below. I have been to many of them, but have a few more to check off my list! I am always inspired by the uniqueness of each park.
Here are a few just to peak your curiosity and your wanderlust!
EVERGLADES NATIONAL PARK, FLORIDA
GREAT SMOKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK, NORTH CAROLINA
CUYAHOGA VALLEY NATIONAL PARK, OHIO
ROCKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK, COLORADO
YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK, CALIFORNIA
BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK, TEXAS
KENAI FJORDS NATIONAL PARK, ALASKA
GRAND TETONS AND YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARKS, WYOMING
THE BADLANDS, SOUTH DAKOTA ( include two National Memorials: MT RUSHMORE & CRAZY HORSE)
GRAND CANYON, ARIZONA
- The parks are less crowded if you go off-season.
- Most parks have an entrance fee or you can buy a yearly pass for entrance to all the parks.
- 62 or older you can get a National Park Pass and get in the parks free.
- Respect the parks and take care while you are visiting. Keep the beauty for future generations.
- DO NOT try to get close to the wildlife.